Wednesday, September 9, 2009

You gotta love two things

#1 Tennessee #2 Frisbee Golf

So, today the boys and I headed out to do some errands. Fist stop was Pet Smart, when we got to the dog food isle I noticed our brand of dog food was on sail for 1/2 price with only two bags left (a $47 savings!). Once we checked out the manager walked out with us to help load the two 35lb bags of dog food in the car. He noticed out Illinois license plates and commented on them, I told him we just moved here from Chicago. His reply was like every other Tennessean who finds out we just moved here......."Welcome to Tennessee" he said with a smile. Next we headed to Publix the local grocery store (it took me a while to learn how to say this word, you can only imagine my first pronunciation). While paroozing the produce section an employee gave Will a little banana for munching as we shopped. At the checkout stand we found out there was NO need for a "rewards card" we get the deals of the day simply by stopping in. This is huge to me, one less card to carry in my wallet or hang on my key chain or one less card to forget and have to pay full price. As we headed home and sat at a stop light a nice man in a big truck motioned for me to roll down my window, now if we were in Chicago I would have never rolled my window down for obvious reasons, upon doing he said "mam, your right brake light is out" I said "thank you" with a smile and he said "thank you" with a smile. What a beautiful day! You gotta love Tennessee.

#2 Last Monday we had our hubby/daddy home for the day, it was GREAT! We found a new love....... Frisbee golf. TJ was jogging about a week ago and found a Frisbee gold course. We ordered the necessary equipment for the game (thank you Amazon) and headed to the course. Will had his little Frisbee which some may call a "marker" and we had ours. Finn of course had to hang out in the stroller but I think he enjoyed all the action. This is a game we will play whenever we get the chance. All you families out there with toddlers looking for a family activity this one is perfect, just let the little fellas free to run the fields, with little to no threat of injury, while you play and everyone enjoys the day. You gotta love Frisbee golf. PS: bring snacks and drinks for all, it's actually a pretty good workout.





I had some great action shots of TJ and Will, they are on our other camera which I can't find the cable to download. I'll post later.

Ginger

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Its a different world outside of the city! Way to appreciate the good things! I love how athletic your little bunch is, and have heard from others how great frisby golf is. Sounds like fun!

Angie said...

I'm so glad you're enjoying tennesee. It's always nice to not be scared for your life when you're at a traffic light!

Oh, and frisbee golf sounds fun! We saw a course the other day near our house and wanted to try it. Maybe we will now... Thanks for the inspiration! :)