Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Big Boy Bed

This has been a couple of weeks full of change for our little Will, first giving his binki away to the dentist and now giving his crib "baby bed" to Finn and getting his toddler bed "big boy bed". Finn has been sleeping in our room since he was born, now that he's almost 6 months (where dies the time go) we decided it was time to move Will into a new bed and move Finn into the crib. We have had the best experience. We got the bed last Saturday evening, let Will play on it for a bit during the day then he slept in it that night. He did try and get out of it a couple times but all I had to stay was " if you don't want to sleep in your big boy bed we can put you back in the baby bed" and it worked! I did lay with him for a bit in the bed to make sure he wasn't scared. After laying with him for about one minute he wanted me to lay on the floor beside the bed then he wanted me to leave the room. The next morning TJ got up to take out the dogs and heard a sweet little voice yell form the play room "Binn (Will's name for Finn) crying". Who knows how long Will had been awake playing but he was having a grand old time. Finn has taken to his new bed just as well. He does still wake up for one feeding in the night forcing me to walk up the stairs 1/2 asleep usually at 2:00 or 3:00 in the morning but it's nice having our room back. It was easier to move Finn up stairs since I know Will is up there with him. Will is still Binki Free, it'll be two weeks tomorrow!! The secret was letting him think it was his idea to get rid of the binki. I have the pictures from frisbee golf that I forgot to post earlier.

First time sitting in his bed
Finn getting used to his new bed
smiles all around
first night sleeping in his bed, very sad for me, he's growing up
How I usually find him now, the toys get most of the bed
Go daddy
Good job Will

Ginger






6 comments:

The Furmans said...

I'm so happy to see little Finn sitting up....Yay Finn!!! Jack is being very stubborn and would rather lay down. He'll sit up for a minute or so and then flops to his tummy. We're very close!!!

I love reading about your boys! They are too cute!!

Angie said...

I'm so glad you posted this... We may have to move Maddy to a big bed soon because she tried to climb out of her crib and we're afraid she's going to get hurt. I was worried she was too young, but seeing will makes me feel better! Also, when she saw will in a big bed, she said she wanted one too! Yay! CUTE cute boys! Love your pictures.

Also, to get the words over the picture.. You either highlight the words and center them, or left-align the pictures to match the words. There are buttons for both at the top of the post-screen. Hope that makes sense.

Paulina Kasmer said...

what happened?!?! will is huge! i cant wait to see you guys in just over one week!

i really am in need of a boy fill!

Teresa said...

Wow! I can't believe Will is in a toddler bed...He will always be a newborn to me. The little bed and crib are adorable! Congrats on the new space in your room.

Johnny and Betsye Park said...

The boys are growing up so fast! Cute too like their parents. Keep up the great writing.

Johnny

schandler said...

So sweet! Your boys sure are growing up, and you are doing a great job as a mom!