Thursday, September 10, 2009

Binki no more.......

Today Will had his first checkup at the dentist. After getting his teeth cleaned, with much coxing from the nice ladies in the office he traded in his binki for a prize! Everyone was clapping including Will. He clapped, yelled and danced around, they even gave him a certificate saying he was Binki Free. As soon as we got in the car he said "Bink?" We kept reminding him all day that he gave it away. When TJ got home Will told him he gave his Bink away and we all danced around giving high fives. It's now 8:20pm, I'm listening to one sad little Will next door in his bed crying for his Bink. It makes me sad, I'm glad he's done with it (it's about time, he's over two years old) but it's been a part of him for as long as I've known him. Maybe it was more of a security for me than for him, I felt like if he had a binki he was still a baby. It took a good scolding for me to realize what I already knew, THE BINKI NEEDED TO GO! Wish us luck on this hopefully short and no doubt painful journey.

Ginger

2 comments:

Angie said...

I know what you mean... It's so sad when it's time to retire something that makes them baby-ish. I think we're going to work on potty-training next week and it makes me so sad! She won't be a baby anymore! Anyway, good luck with being binki-free!!! Stay strong!

Teresa said...

Congrats little Will! Its hard to grow up in those little ways sometimes...I had my baby blanket until I left for college (probably good it wasn't a binki-- orthodontically speaking!). Sweet little story.