Monday, August 31, 2009

Gross

Ok, there are no pictures to go along with this blog and you will soon find out why. So, we have been preparing to potty train our sweet little Will, we have been talking about poo poo and pee pee more than normal and making it seem like so much fun to go on the "big boy potty". I put Will down for his nap today and listened as he played contently with trucks as he usually does before falling to sleep. He started calling out my name, I ignored is for a bit just thinking he wanted to get out and play. After a while I thought "what if he is trying to tell me he needs to go potty?", so I opened the door ever so slowly to check in on him. Please brace your self for what's to come............. First, the smell hit me like a ton of bricks, next I saw the piles of poo poo on the floor beside his crib dripping off toys and books (that'll teach me to not keep his room clean). I followed the poop trail up the crib to one Will J Dunham smiling ever so sweetly with one hand reaching out saying "poo poo, poo poo, poo poo " without a care in the world. Like poo all over him, the bed, toys, pillow, sheets, sippy cup, books, did I mention him form head to toe, his blankee and binki was nothing out of the ordinary. Like today was any other day. If this is like any other day in our near future please............. somebody HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS: any ideas on how to potty train, anything that worked for you? Please pass in on.

Ginger

5 comments:

schandler said...

SO GROSS ginger!!! i've heard this exact story from a ton of my friends! how long did it take to clean up?

Angie said...

Haha, this post cracked me up! That IS so gross, but also so funny! Let me know if you get any good tips, because we're going to start potty-training Maddy soon. We started a little and then gave up when we moved... Now we're hopefully going to start again! Yikes... Now I'm scared!

Jana said...

That is HILARIOUS!!!!!! Potty training is so much fun isn't it?? We used M&M's and it worked. Avery got one every time she went so it encouraged her to go. She didn't get any otherwise.

Paulina Kasmer said...

OH BROTHER!!!

haha - i am so sorry - what a mess to clean up!

potty train your child in one day worked really well for us. although it is one full day of pain. all you do is sit on the potty and talk about the potty. did i mention treats (toys, juice, soda, candy) it is all about positive reinforcments and rewards - this was rubys first introduction to the world of sugar and true glutanly!

good luck!

ps - it takes longer than a day of course - but they get the whole concept in that one day - it was pretty amazing.

Teresa said...

Wow, thank you for not posting a picture of that one! My heart goes out to you! All I know about potty training is Paulina's potty day...that's how my parents worked the wonders. Potty party all day long, family celebrations/ treats each time we did the deed. I am not sure how it works with boys being from an all-girl family. Hope little Will had a good time that day :).