Sunday, July 5, 2009

Friday the 3rd

It's 6:30 on Sunday night, TJ just left for an overnight trip, Will is asleep (since 4:30, so if he wakes up it'll be an all nighter), Finn is taking a nap as are both dogs. I was torn between writing this blog or curling up in bed to read my book with some leftover cookies from the 4th and a tall glass of something cold. As you can see being productive got the better of me. TJ was off Friday, after a morning run and trip to the temple we decided to take Will to a Spray Ground. A spray ground is like a playground but with the water that shoots our of the ground, drips from buckets etc for the kids to splash around in. We looked it up online plugged it into our GPS and we were off. We haven't seen any "not nice" parts of Nashville but knew they had to be here. Well, we found one. Those of you who are our Chicago friends this spray ground ended up being somewhere south of 95th street. We pulled up and quickly pulled away. Feeling bad about getting Will excited for an outing we came up with another idea. About a week ago as I was struggling to get some grocery shopping done, one kid sitting where the food goes while the other sits where the kid goes, while the kid in the the spot where the food goes was throwing a fit, I spotted the baskets with a car attached to the front. I quickly found out two things. #1 Will loves to ride in the car and #2 other shoppers hate the baskets with the car attached. Let's just say there should be a sign attached saying "Wide Turns". I almost took out a whole line of senior citizens in one foul swoop! Anyway, back to our "other" idea, we decided to take the boys to Kroger and let Will ride in the truck!! I watched as a frustrated TJ loaded the kids into the basket (took a bit for him to figure out how it was done). I stood back laughing and snapping pictures. We ended up having a great time croozing Kroger as a family.

Will's reaction to riding in the truck at kroger
Poor Finn, good thing he was buckled in

My boys and simple pleasures
Ginger

2 comments:

Angie said...

Haha, that is SO funny! I love that you took Will to Kroger to cheer him up. That is priceless. We actually just got Maddy a Little Tikes Cozy Coupe that she absolutely LOVES. It's a lot like the car attached to the grocery cart. It's been a great purchase...

Teresa said...

I LOVE it! Way to be creative with the entertainment. I hope TJ had as much fun as Will did :)!