Monday, September 15, 2008

Thank You

A big thank you to my mom and dad!!!  A few weeks back my parents came to visit, my mom flew in a week early to spend some extra time with Will (she said all of us, but we know the truth).  She had no idea what she was in for, we waited till she got here to tell her I'm pregnant.  Once Will came in with his "I'm a big brother" shirt on I could breath a HUGE sight of much needed relief.  The sick first trimester mama came out in full effect.  No more posting a painful smile on my face while struggling to hold my eyelids open.  Mom was GREAT!  She totally took over, allowing me to sleep when I wanted, lay on the couch when I wanted and I didn't even have to feel guilty about it.  She played with Will, changed Will's diapers, changed Will's cloths, bathed Will, took Will to the park, walked Polly, Fed Will and even picked up after not only Will but all of us.  I felt a little bad because I was no fun at all.  Once my dad arrived I struggled to play games with everyone but let's face it no body wanted me on there team.  The first night my dad graciously accepted me as a partner and the second night TJ was stuck with me.  Whatever team I was on, you guessed it, lost.  The day after my parents left I was almost back to myself, one of two things went on.  #1 I was really never that sick but was taking full advantage of my moms graciousness or #2 I sucked it up and felt better because I had no choice but to take car of our little angle boy.  Any way, prayers were answered in more that one way.








Ginger

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Sweet story. I hope you are feeling better.

Erin said...

I am so glad your mom was there just in time to help. What a blessing! I have been thinking of you the last week or two since we've been back hoping you're feeling better just a bit. You'll have to let me know if there is anything we can do to help now that your fam is gone. And I need to get that smoothie recipe one of these days!

Cami said...

Oh Ginger! I'm so excited! I'm sorry your not feeling very well....but the good thing is that it will go away(hopefully)! Will is still cuter than ever!