Sunday, June 21, 2009

Here's to you Daddy

What a fun Weekend we had!! First let me start by wishing all you dad's out that a happy Fathers Day! So, my sweet husband is training for another Marathon to be held in St. George this October. He's squeezing in training whenever he can between traveling (allot), playing with the kids, playing with the dogs and hanging out with me. Saturday morning TJ got up early to head out for a run, once he returned I headed to the gym for my first spin class since having Finn. It felt really good to get back in a "workout" routine. I came home from the gym scooped up Will and headed to Whole Foods where we decorated our very own cookie cake for Daddy. Will had one taste of the icing and went banana's, this was just a foreshadowing of what would happen about an hour later. Will barley ever gets to have sweets so when he does boy is he excited. He couldn't wait to give daddy his Fathers day gift he'd maid with his own two little hands. We arrived home and before I could even get situated with the camera Will was off and running to give TJ his cookie cake. In a matter of about 7 min (no joke) the cake was 3/4 of the was devoured by one little boy and one happy daddy. Later that afternoon we headed to Belle Meade Plantation, a historic plantation just down the road from our house. For those of you who want to take a look here is the link http://www.bellemeadeplantation.com/ . Will and Finn behaved beautifully while TJ and I took in the history. We've only just begun our exploration of Nashville and the surrounding areas. There are tons of Plantations and Civil War Battle ground sites to tour, we are so looking forward to our time here. Will fell asleep in a matter of two minutes once we left the plantation right in the middle of chewing a granola bar. Guess the 95 degree weather pays a toll on a little fella. We arrived home to a cool home and settled in for the night.

This morning (Fathers day) TJ got to sleep in till 11:00, had Mate and breakfast in bed then headed to church. We have only attended this new ward a few times and for some strange reason I thought Sacrament started at 12:00. We were running a little late this morning so arrived to church at 12:05, we could here that the meeting had started (so we thought). On my prompting we rushed in to a full house, not a seat available except up toward the front. Once we settled in TJ asked if I recognized anyone, about that time the hymn started, the hymn I thought was the opening but soon found out was the closing!!! We rushed in to the last 5 min of the 11:00 sacrament, ours didn't start till 1:00. I wonder what the congregation was thinking seeing a family of four come to church just to catch the closing hymn and prayer. And the circus lives on...........

PS: We love you so much Daddy!! You make all our dreams come true!!!!!!!















Ginger

3 comments:

kasmerme@gmail.com said...

this is so funny! i love that you walked in late! i am going to try this with mark on one of those i am too lazy to get up in the morning sundays - who am i kiding with that kid he would be on to me.

miss you guys. i cant wait to come visit.

The Furmans said...

What a fun weekend!! Will and Finn are so stickin cute. I hope your enjoying Nashville. I've been to Nashville twice for work and love it! I'll let you know the next time I'm there and maybe we can meet for lunch.

Angie said...

What sweet pictures... I love the ones of Finn and Will together. So precious. I love the one of the half-eaten cookie cake too! That is priceless. Looks like you had a great Father's day!