Sunday, May 24, 2009

One last night

Tonight is our last night in Chicago.  Chicago will always have a special place in my hear, all the memories we have together as a couple and family are here.  We had a great last week, I had a girls night with my closest friends.  We spent time with the Kasmers on Saturday having Italian ice, taking kids to the park and playing Bachi Ball (that we won without a fight I might add).  We spoke at church on sunday and of course I cried the whole time while TJ gave the best talk ever!!!  How can guys hold there composure so well?  Must be nice.  Tonight the Burtons had us over for home maid Italian pizza and chocolate cake.  It was the perfect last Chicago dinner.  Our emotions are mixed when it comes to saying goodbye to our Ward and friends but we are ready to move on for our next adventure.  There is something to be said about moving to a new place and just having each other to hold onto.  TJ and I are the same in that we love the experience of starting in a new place, meeting new people, making new friends to add to our old ones and exploring a new part of the country.  We love you all and will miss the friends we have here.  Will is going to be sad about one thing, leaving Eleanor, his first Best Friend.  Thank you for the memories..............God with you till we meet again.


Ginger

6 comments:

from Dicy said...

We already miss you! Eleanor's been all out of sorts the last couple of days, and I have to believe that she's feels lost without her little buddy. We're excited for your adventure, though. Post pictures soon!!

kasmerme@gmail.com said...

"i dont want to say good bye" we are so excited for you guys - and cant wait to visit!

and hey - it wasnt that easy of a victory!

Teresa said...

We miss you guys and wish you the best!

Amber said...

What?! You are moving too?! I thought we would have you in Chicago when we move back.. Bummer!
Well, best of luck on your new adventure! I do really enjoy moving as well!

Angie said...

Good luck with the move... We will certainly miss you guys!

Vicki said...

Hey Ginger, It's me Vicki Mohney (now Hawkins). Kevin Knott's wife somehow got your blog and forwarded it to me. You look great! I would love to catch up! I am married also with a 21 month old boy, Ethan and am expecting a girl within the next 3 weeks. Email me at hawkinsvicki@yahoo.com