Thursday, July 31, 2008

beach and sleep

We have been having just the best time this summer.  Will is old enough now to enjoy the outdoors, everything so brand new and exciting for him.  My favorite part of the summer is sitting back and watching Will explore the world.  We took a trip to the beach with some friends, Will is fearless when it comes to water.  He wanted to go as far as he could, I let him go up to his waist (with me holding his hand).  The water in lake Michigan is still a little chilly, venturing in a little further will have to wait for warmer waters.  Once Will gets his sunscreen and swimming trunks on I let him run around the house for a while so the sunscreen can soak in.  Will was in his room playing but I didn't hear a sound, I've come to know this is usually a bad sign.  It means he's doing something he knows he's not supposed to (like dripping the content of his bottle in a nice little pattern on the carpet then smearing it around), so I headed in to asses the damages.  Much to my surprise he was perched on his book basket having quiet time.  It turns out this basket is just the right size for a little seat (picture to follow).  That night Will fell asleep for the first time in his play toy watching his sleepy time movie.  






2 comments:

Cami said...

Oh my heck!! Ginger!! CONGRATS!!! Wow...he is growing up so fast! I love the pictures!! I miss seeing your little man in church! He is so adorable! We miss you guys!!

Teresa said...

Your beach photos are amazing. He is such a cool/chill little baby. What a cutie!